How important for note-taking?
In university, note-taking is really important to each students.
It is not only can improve your listening but also your writing, reading.
You need to learn how to organize the points that what you take.
At first, it maybe not easily for every student.
After, more practice that can improve your note-taking skills.
What is note-taking?
When you reading or listening new material, it is not usually easy to make sense of any
information taken out of context.
Note-taking is a good idea .
– see how the main argument fits together
– better comprehend specific pieces of information
– recognize how reasons and evidence contribute to the main idea
Note-taking it has several benefits over simply reading without making notes:
– Writing involves the motor memory, making it easier to remember information
– Many people find it easier to recall information that is written in their own handwriting
– Selecting what to write, rather than writing everything, means greater interaction with the material, which helps us to recall it in the future
Cottrell.S (2005) Critical Thinking Skills: Developing Effective Analysis and Argument, Saffron House, London